Race report & Reflections
All of the training paid off, we were able to finish with an official completion time of 4:53:33, which was 10 minutes faster than the previous record! We can honestly say this was one of the best experiences of our running career, to be running with folks in another Country and have them waiving and reacting to our costume while running. Some of our favorite memories of the run:
- Mile 14 is where things got real. There was a lot of pain, and the reality of having to finish 10 more miles to go
- Run/Walk schedule was important for this marathon, it’s difficult to run so close together
- The look on the little kids faces when they saw the caterpillar comping up! Some of them just lost it and started dancing around and waiving their hands!
- Crowds. The fine folks of Berlin at every corner of the run cheering us on.
- Running into other runners from home, making it feel like such a small world.
We’re blessed to have had such a wonderful experience at the 2017 Berlin Marathon. Thank you to all of our friends and family that have helped us out along the way, our crazy Dog Haus Run Club and everyone else who thought we could pull off this whacky run record.